Sunday, May 20, 2012

Ghostwolves Progress and watching your toon Grow

Czcibor in the Beginning
I remember a little whisper of a dream for our guild. It was so fragile, with just the slightest hope of getting it to go anywhere. We came into the game not knowing what to expect, just looking for a good time. Then the magic of a team came together, and the Ghostwolves have been growing ever since.

Guilds in general ebb and flo in activity but of late The Ghostwolves have done a tremendous job in moving forward with the game. We recruited a few longtime veterans who have a wealth of experience but wanted to simply enjoy the game with low drama and less stress towards progression. Hmmm...guess we fit the bill on that one very nicely. So, on average I am seeing between 15-25 members on at all times, with a raiding crew of 12 regulars. Yes, that's not a full raid I know, but it's slowly getting up there. Actually, come to think about it, we had 14 last night when we went in and downed Wing 1 of BRC. Every Friday we do a T1 sweep as a regular event, and now Saturdays we are starting Wing 1's with one of my veterans leading the charge.

Small Victories
Guild renown has been averaging around 15 mil a week which has kept us in the top 3 rankings for overall renown 3 weeks in a row. Every day I see new amazing stuff coming out of my crew. They work hard and yet have a great time together. Even with the release of Diablo 3, I haven't seen a huge decrease in daily population or guild activity. Indeed, we seem to have picked up a few more folks to roll with us this weekend alone.

After a long road, Czcibor today!
Czcibor, my Bear Shaman has picked up a more dps intensive build with less focus on
 healing. I decided to make the change as my older spec just was way below par. I still tinker with his specs though. Rotation seems to work fine and slowly he is becoming more competitive with his peers. As you can see below, he has done a lot of growing, just as the guild has grown and evolved. You gotta love vanity tabs, they make things sooo nice! Anyways, this is just a small update on the game. My posting has been spotty since I've been working in game and balancing my real life at the same time. But I'm out there!


 Oh yeah, bought a Nostromo Razer game pad...SO CHOICE!! When you are handling a ton of combos and spells from a Bear Shaman, the Nostromo is such a sweet addition. I reccomend it for any AoC Gamer whether pvp or pve.

Nostromo, a definite must have!

2 comments:

  1. good to see that your project is moving along nicely. It takes BALLS.

    As for nostromo I bought one and sold it immidietly. It lacks alt and space in convinient place. Those are essential to me.

    I have my combo steps in mouse buttons:
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/devices/optical-gaming-mouse-g400

    in fact this mouse (previous version MX518) is so essential to my aoc gaming that I bought 3 of those and stocked them in my drawer. When I broke one last summer I was very glad that I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slith,
      Very interesting, I set the binds so that the button up next to the joystick is my alt button. Below the joystick is a thumb button which I use as space bar jump. Tab is on far left. I do agree I have know shift button as yet per se. Havent tried the mouse your looking at but so far pretty happy. It does take a little getting used to in key mapping, but I am getting there. My one and only issue is my ptt for vent as I actually have to go back to main keyboard for that. Still, rotations are getting knocked out pretty quick. But each person has thier own way of play :)

      Thnaks for the support as well, it is a lot of effort which I will keep at for a very long time :) Take it easy out there!

      Delete