Monday, July 2, 2012

Current 3.3.6 issues and a quick workaround

Since the last patch, I have still seen quite a few game play issues. I thought I would list the persistent ones here that still require more fixes. For the most part, the game is back in order since the last hotfix for 3.3.6 . I figure it's gonna be at least another patch before everything gets back to normal. In the meantime here are a couple of regular issues we are seeing crop up int he game:

Raid Crashes: So far, by and large the raid crashes have been limited to W1 and W2 of BRC. I personally haven't seen them, but at least three reports have come back to me on this issue. One thing I would advise here, is don't have the whole raid zone in at once. Get your team leaders to zone first to ensure they all appear in the same raid instiance. Then cycle in the rest of the crew. You may want to go team by team. ie: Team 1 go, team 2 go, team 3 go, team 4 go. This seems to have less impact on the zoning process.

Khitai 6 Mans: team goes into different instances. Again, since the Hot fix, I personally haven't experienced or observed this activity. I still see some reports of this though. The only thing I can think of here is to go outside the instance completely, disband, then reform under a different team lead.

Choppy Screen/FPS borked: Here, the FPS monitor seems to show normal within the capability of the graphics card used. HOWEVER, the actual movement is severely decreased and looks about 30-40 frames LESS FPS. I also notice that the load on my computer system all of a sudden does a huge influx of CPU usage, almost taking up 50% of the CPU usage block. I have seen this same report on several forum posters as well as in the Global chat. Its a bug that isn't consistent. My wife plays online with me all the time on her beat up laptop and doesn't seem to receive the hassle that I do. However, I found a fast way around this. I always play in windowed mode. I simply minimize my screen for a couple of seconds then it goes back to normal.

Windowed No Bordered bork: Some folks are still having issues with this. What happens is that after the load screen is done, a tiny little spot appears that is the game. It's as if the No bordered mode tries to almost completely minimize the game. I'm not sure, but I think someone mentioned Alt+F or something. I can't seem to find the post now which is really annoying. I'll try to update that one down the line.


Anyways, if any of you readers are still experiencing these issues. Please post here. No flaming, just time of incident, location, and server. I am going to compile a list over the next couple of days and see if I can't push another set out for hot patching from the game team. I by no means think that I have any sort of pull. But the more information we can provide the better.

2 comments:

  1. I have experienced serveral crashes in T3. Extremely annoying, we even had to kill the trash again. Another raid crashed a second after they downd the keeper and they couldn't loot! T1 and T2 seem to be working just fine, same goes for the 6-mens.

    Hopefully they will fix this today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input on that. I agree, these crash bugs have been pretty annoying for a lot of people. Lets keep posting main forums as well to keep a fire under their ass!

      Delete