Friday, April 6, 2012

Ramblings, Progress and Real Life...How it all Comes Together

Well,
I haven't posted in a hot minute. First an foremost, my apologies. Real life, which I will cover first has kind of had both my gaming and my blogging set aside on the back stove. No, I haven't stopped playing, but I did have to set my priorities a little different. Work in itself kept me on my toes all week long. Projects came up fast and furious and I was working a 13 to 14 hour day on a regular basis. This caused some dismay as I am the Guild Leader of The Ghost Wolves on Wiccana. I couldn't pay as much attention to the guild as I had to deal with work first. I don't begrudge this, it is of course my livelihood. But I felt as though I let my Guild members down and didn't oversee their success as I normally would. So..I have always had my concerns. I guess in a way, leading a guild is part of my social makeup as a person. Interesting how a video game can do that if you care about the people you play with.

Our Little Brandy
Additionally, we have a new family member. My wife Laura (aka Pantherias and Akantha on Wiccana) adopted a 7 week old Rottweiler mix. We named her Brandy. She has been a love and a handful all at the same time. But as a new family member we take a lot of time to make sure she is cared for along with our American Bull and our 2 cats. Needless to say I got a lot of work to upkeep lol. This is ok, because it leads into a point. We all need balance, both in game and out of game. Yes, we build relationships in the MMO world. But the real world is still just as important. It's a balance that we all need to strive for. There is nothing wrong with taking a break and doing Real Life things. This actually is important to strike that balance. Burn out is assured if you don't.

Our T3 Alchemy Tower
Ok, enough of the preaching, Other events in the Guild have been last week's raising of our T3 Alchemist Tower. This was a huge gain for us as a guild. It took us quite a bit of work to get the mats together to raise it up and I was damned proud to see it grow. We also completed a full T1 sweep as a guild with our primary allies. All in all, even with the work issues and what not it has been a very successful week.  We have gained new members, though a few of my key teams have been a bit spotty lately. Guess time will tell.

Some things I have noticed in the AoC community, there has been a lot less negative posting. Point in fact, I see more and more positive influences and helpful hints to newer players. The levels of toxic behavior has gone down significantly judging by the new posts that have been raised. I really like this. I do hope it's a trend that keeps going on.

So these are my quick shot points for the week, I intend on getting more into the upcoming crafting system and such in later posts. In the meantime, may your belts be lined with gold and may blood flow as free as ale! Good luck out there!!!

2 comments:

  1. She is a joy and keeps us busy. I couldn't ask for a better life. A great hubby and great pets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute puppy :)

    On AoC...for some reason the last days have seen increased activity on the servers. No matter what dungeon you were searching team memebers for, you were flooded with tells, even for the lowest levels. Raids were filled in a heartbeat.

    Obviously some new players have come and quite a few oldtimers have reactivated their accounts. Maybe it's because a lot of people have finished their two lvl 50 charackters in Swtor and are looking for something else to do...

    Well, at least this happened on the Euro-servers. It's always disheartening to hear about the low population on US-servers. Hopefully AoC will see a comeback. At the moment there simply is no other mmo out there that is as enjoyable :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete