Sunday, January 8, 2012

The New Year in Review

Ok,
Been a hot minute since I last posted. Update wise, The Ghostwolves finished all of the Tier 2 Buildings and are now working on the Guild City Tier 3. This was a huge accomplishment considering we only started this guild a couple of months ago. He also hit Renown Lv 3 and working into Renown 4. Overall, guild progress is pretty decent. Membership has more or less plateaued at about 150 active members (taken from last 72 hours of activity) with an average of 15-25 members online at any given time. This has been fairly stable and I have started to become a little more selective in my recruiting.

Of note, I saw yesterday that the Renown has been reset on AoC. So the rankings finally came out and our guild made 17 on the entire server. This has been a concern over the last month as many guilds player capped and had to literally leave the guild then re invite to reset their renown cap. With luck FC will do the weekly calculations correctly now that the holidays are over.

Many are still complaining about the Trader search. FC claims it is just the individual not being able to see their own auctions but everyone else can. I have to wonder if they mean the account holder. I have done searches on items and still not see my auction from other toons. Nevertheless, I have still been able to make profit and not need to re list. Profit is Profit. I had to burn most of the guild bank gold to get all the plans drawn up for our Tier 3 project. This is a little tough when I am trying to cater to certain member's needs for gearing. Still we are progressing and that's the most important part.

Some things that are currently challenges. There are a few guild's out there that raid on a weekly basis. They go into all of the older raids to help folks out. But raids have been slowing down a little. This is a bit frustrating as many of the Ghostwolves are Free to Play and won't progress to the raid stages. I may have honestly about 6 potential raiders and their times get a little varied. It's a challenge. I have a couple of tokens Ive won, but no gear as yet. Patience time I am guessing.

There are still issues in the game with lag and occasionally rubber banding. I have not been dropped from a raid as yet though that is only a personal indicator. On the 6th, FC did a 6 hour maintenance shut down that did very little over all to fix the issues that were started by 3.1. We are now on 3.1.5 and still only minimal work has progress. It doesn't stop my game play but it honestly isn't making them heroes in my eyes as well.

Well, that's it for the moment, see you all in Hyboria!

No comments:

Post a Comment